Friday, November 15, 2013

Holidays From The Heart

Welcome to our November Blog Hop featuring creations made with products from the Mini- Holidays From The Heart Gift Guide.   To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Michelle at My Creations With Michelle. If you came from Cheryl's Blog of Scrapbooking With Cheryl then you are in the right place!

Here are the supplies I began with to create the Season's Tweetings Gift Bag Kit.

The kit comes with 3 Topiary chevron bags & 3 Ruby polka-dot bags, 9 die cut tags & a C Size stamp set.

I made 5 of the tags using the blending pen & ink pads for colouring but then I wanted to add a bit from the Sparkle & Shine Compliments Dimensional Elements so I used one of the chipboard tags from that set.  I inked the black using Archival Black so the colours wouldn't run together when I added them with the blending pen.  Any time I use dye, solvent inks, I always use Staz-On Cleaner so my stamps don't stain. To create the Season's Tweetings sentiment on the one tag, I used some tape to mask off from the stamp set the areas the I didn't want to get inky.  Then I took of the tape & stamped what I wanted to show.



The size of the items that fit comfortably in the bags is 2 3/4" in diameter & up to 4 1/2" tall.



I can't wait to give these pretty gift bags away for Christmas!

Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Terry Ann Diack's of It's My Garage-- I Can Craft In It!
 
If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog, My Creations With Michelle, as she has the complete blog list.  

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. Join us again in December when we will be featuring projects that would make great gifts.  We hope you will join us again on December 15th.

13 comments:

  1. Great tips you gave about the cleaning the stamps.....and great work coloring the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Brandy. Thanks for the extra tips on cleaning and preventing running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips. I think those little gift bags are great for so many things. Need to order a biz-zillion of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to buy those gift bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gift bags are so cute....great way to wrap of a little present!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Brandy. I love how you used the stickease for tags. It's a great way to use those goodies. Now, how will you ever be able to give these cute bags away? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any suggestions on what to o with the bags after they have opened the gift?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking about what you can do with the tags after you've used the gift. You can always use them as an ornament for your Christmas Tree!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for asking about what you can do with the tags after you've used the gift. You can always use them as an ornament for your Christmas Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also what can you do with the bags after the gift is opened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can re-purpose the bags for lots of things. I like to use mine for keeping my special Himalayan sea salt and also for my whole peppers for my pepper grinder. You can use them for another gift, to keep some embellishments in, you can put candies or cookies in a wrapping & then into the bags. I'll be using them for hostess gifts for some lucky ladies. The bags would be a great holder for things you need all the time but want to keep clean like a baby's soother and even small toys.

      Delete