Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Today I'm choosing to blog about FOOD!!  MMMMmmmm

I'm a Hispanic originally from California, living here in Southern Manitoba, Canada.  Sometimes I really miss Mexican food!

So today I give my family the gift of home made treats that are not available to buy anywhere around here.

Here's a photo of me, my brother Mike, My sister Michelle, my dad Mike, my sister Sarah & my brother Daniel.

I'm making my dad, Mike's recipe for home made Chorrizo sausage. Here are pictures of the process with the recipe for you all to try to make at home too.


 Ingredients that you'll need~

 In a 10" skillet, over low to medium heat, cook 500g or 1lb of pork sausage till crumbly.  Do not drain grease.

 Add in 4 Tbsp of Chorrizo seasoning, 1 tps of New Mexico Chile Powder & 1 can of El Pato Mexican Style Hot Tomato Sauce and stir.


Continue to simmer of low to medium heat for about 25 minutes or until the liquid has reduced, stirring occasionally.

 Here's your finished product!

Now, this makes quite a bit as Chorrizo is very rich.  You only need a couple of table spoons to add to a huge pot of fried potatoes or to top some eggs.



Buen Provecho!  ~ Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment